Magazine Volunteer, Crisis
Crisis is the national charity for single homeless people. We are determined to end homelessness. We do it person by person and by influencing policies to ensure everyone has a place to call home.
Homelessness is devastating, leaving people vulnerable and isolated.
Crisis offers ground-breaking housing, health, education and employment services. We work with thousands of homeless people across the UK every year. We are determined campaigners. We draw on our research, partnerships and years of experience of working directly with homeless people to deliver change and a vision to end homelessness for good.
Role outline and the difference you will make
We produce a magazine four times a year to showcase the work our members do. The magazine is run by our clients and is open for everyone to contribute. We would like the help of a volunteer support our clients in all aspects of putting together the magazine. We would also like the successful applicant to put together the final version of the magazine using Microsoft Publisher.
Timings: Available for 3 weeks in June and July
Location: Crisis Office, 96 Kent Street, Liverpool L1 5BD.
Responsible to: Anna Jones (Arts Co-ordinator).
What you will gain
- The opportunity to be part of an influential network of volunteers and meet new people
- A way to learn more about homelessness and the charity sector through a structured induction
- Training to be able to carry out the role
- Practical work experience in office administration
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed where appropriate
Core tasks and what you will achieve
- Support our members in all aspects of putting the magazine together, working towards a printing deadline
- Gathering articles for submission
- Editing the final edition of the magazine
- Promoting the magazine sessions to new members
The skills & experience we are looking for
- IT skills including Microsoft Word and Publisher
- Excellent communication skills
- Supporting the collection of data and appropriate information
- Supporting evaluation collection
- Work well as part of a team and on own initiative
All Crisis volunteers are asked to:
- Comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
- To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all accessible information about members and the organisation
- Be positive, productive and have the passion to help end homelessness
How do I apply?
For more information contact our Merseyside office on 0151 218 7000 or email email@example.com. Once we receive your application we will acknowledge receipt and explain the next steps to you.