SAE is part of the Navitas Group, which is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, workforce education and student recruitment.
We are seeking to recruit an engaging and knowledgeable individual for the Animation department at our Liverpool campus. The Lecturer work within a dynamic, student-centred environment that seeks to foster open intellectual inquiry, creative expression and the pursuit of lifelong learning. The Lecturer has a key role in providing leadership, support and coordination for the relevant academic discipline area to which they are allocated. The Lecturer will liaise with relevant academic and administrative staff to ensure the successful delivery of the programmes (modules/subjects) under their responsibility, and the effective provision of client services.
- A Masters degree in a related field, or Hons degree and a PG Cert Education (en route to a Masters qualification, attending with demonstrable evidence of satisfactory progress);
- Relevant expert industry experience;
- Proficient with industry-standard equipment and software specifically Autodesk Maya and the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Teaching experience, including the creation of session plans and preparation of materials;
- Possess outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, be highly organised and possess good time management skills;
- Demonstrated student service orientation;
- Knowledge of the relevant disciplinary area;
- Ability to work in and foster a harmonious working environment;
- Willingness to pursue professional development opportunities;
- Must have rights to live and work in the UK.
- Video Post-Production experience including compositing and colour correction/grading;
- Knowledge of production pipelines;
- Knowledge of game development techniques;
- Ability to create and build on industry links;
- Qualification in Education or fellowship of the Higher Education Academy;
- Proficient with industry-standard equipment and software (ZBrush, Nuke, Unity);
- Traditional art skills;
- Team leadership experience.
Refer to the attached position description for additional details about this role.
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit enquiries and applications here, and send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a CV with a link to a showreel, to Michael Carroll, Campus Manager Liverpool, at SAE-HR@navitas.com. Applications close on 2 December 2016.