Lead Animators, Lightpool Festival
- Closes 6th July 2018
- Contact Philip Holmes email@example.com
We are looking for experienced digital animators to join a wonderfully ambitious project celebrating the world-famous Blackpool Illuminations and to launch the Lightpool Festival 2018.
Fee: £4000 fixed project fee.
Travel and accommodation expenses to/from Blackpool will be covered as necessary.
On 18 October 2018, we want to create a fantastic experience in Blackpool – Light Odyssey – to push the boundaries of light, space, and sound. The Lightpool Festival is teaming up with BBC Philharmonic to create a fully immersive indoor spectacular in the world-famous Empress Ballroom in Blackpool’s Winter Gardens.
We want to bring the Ballroom to life in 2D and 3D light animation. Live performances of Copland, Britten and Saint-Saëns will fill the air with music that invokes the sea and a sense of place, experienced anew with light, and in conversation with the Ballroom’s unparalleled grandeur. We are seeking to create a new cultural event that’s intensely live, cinematic and of the highest quality.
We are looking for up to 5 digital animators from across the UK to each create 7-minute chapters that show off the best of 3D animation. Under the steer of the Creative Director, you will bring the Ballroom to life in a way that has not been experienced before: an orchestra of animators to meet the orchestra of musicians.
Timeline: The completed work needs to be delivered by Thursday 20 September, 2018.
– significant track-record in delivering high-quality animated works in a number of environments
– expert knowledge of a variety of 3D and 4D animation software, including Cinema 4D
– Excellent interpersonal, written and visual communication skills and a collaborative approach as part of a multi-disciplinary and possibly international team
– share our excitement for the culture and heritage of Blackpool
– capacity to meet the timeline needs of the project and to be present in Blackpool as required (we anticipate two visits)
For the details animator brief, please email with the subject line LIGHT ODYSSEY