Yes, the Museum is closing on June 4th and the new place doesn’t open until 2008 so make the most of the last few days.
PREPARING FOR NEW MUSEUM
Last chance to see the Museum of Liverpool Life
The Museum of Liverpool Life closes to the public on Sunday 4 June 2006 so that preparations for building work can begin this autumn on the new £65 million Museum of Liverpool.
The next few weeks offer a last chance to see displays at the museum that has been a popular Liverpool waterfront feature since opening in 1993.
The Museum of Liverpool will be a bigger and better version of the Museum of Liverpool Life which is housed in a former boat hall and building used by pilots controlling traffic along the river.
The Museum of Liverpool Life and its collections celebrate the people of Liverpool, their culture, achievements and contributions to national life. The fascinating displays also give remarkable insights into a unique city and its inhabitants.
During the final week of opening, a fun-packed programme of free family events takes place to mark the closure of the museum.
– Hear stories from a Meccano factory worker and handle items from the famous toy collection in Meccano in the Making at 1pm – 4pm hours on 25 May and 1 June 2006.
– Boo the heroes and cheer the villains in the time-honoured puppet show Punch & Judy. Show times are 1pm, 2pm and 3pm hours on 27, 28 May and 4 June 2006.
– Get to grips with the techniques and principles of printing with expert printer Dave Veevers. Drop in between 1pm and 4pm hours on 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 May and 2, 3, 4 June 2006.
– Take the opportunity to enjoy the fantastic Living With The Romans exhibition for the last time. Call in on Veritrix in the Roundhouse and meet the Iron Age resident between 12noon and 4pm hours on 3 and 4 June 2006. Alternatively, indulge in some Celtic Crafts, between 1pm and 4pm hours on 29 May 2006. Fun art, craft and dressing up are on offer for kids of all ages.
– Enjoy a guided tour around the galleries of Museum of Liverpool Life and rekindle some fond memories of our fair city. Tours start at 2pm and 3pm hours on 30 May 2006.
– Visitors with under-5s can enjoy a day at the seaside in early-years Playday. Bring the little tiddlers along between 1pm and 4pm hours on 31 May 2006.
LINK to Museum of Liverpool LIfe: www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/liverpoollife