Deadline: Tuesday 22 September 2015. Part time.
Purpose of Contract:
To join a pool of freelance Information Assistants within the Art From Elsewhere exhibition between 9 Oct to 28 Nov 2015. Please see further information about the exhibition below.
To enhance gallery visitors’ enjoyment and understanding of the Art From Elsewhere exhibition by combining your in depth knowledge and experience of contemporary art with the skills, passion and enthusiasm needed to communicate ideas effectively to our wide ranging audiences.
- Proactively welcome, orientate and support visitors at the entrance to the exhibition helping them to get the most from their visit and to encourage repeat visits.
- Contribute to visitors’ enjoyment through interpretation and communication of information about Art from Elsewhere including the possibility of leading tours.
- Ability to remain vigilant, observant attentive and understanding to the needs and well-being of a wide range of visitors.
- An awareness of other displays and events in the museum with the ability to make connections between Art from Elsewhere and other exhibits.
- Have a good awareness of other contemporary art exhibitions and projects in the city.
- To carry out simple visitor research in the exhibition
- To monitor and report on visitors’ responses to the exhibition.
- A strong interest, knowledge and enthusiasm for contemporary art.
- Excellent communication skills
- Helpful and polite to the public at all times
- Good team working skills.
- Able to work on Saturdays
- Accredited arts degree
- Experience of working in a public facing role
- It is hoped that you would be able to attend the exhibition launch on Friday 9 October 6-8pm 2015.
Application: For a full job description, person spec, application details and information about the exhibition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 1 side of A4 to email@example.com by 9am Tues 22 Sept 2015.
Rate of pay:
£9.00 per hour
Specific hours will be dependent on availability but should be during exhibition opening hours: Mon – 11-5pm, Tues to Sat 10-5pm