The Superlambananas are now on show until 25 August 2008
125, two metre tall replicas of Taro Cheizo’s iconic SuperLambBanana sculpture have been painted, decorated and adorned by local artists, schools and community groups, to create a free to view, open air, public art spectacular.
Trail Maps can be found across the region from Travel Centres, Tourist Information Centres, Libraries, Museums and Galleries, some stores and 08 Place. You can also download a pdf version of the map.
From the go-slb website…
If you would like to know more about some of the stories behind the event, have a look at our news and mediaartists and their invaluable contribution to the event. sections and see just a small glimpse of the incredible amount of work that goes on behind the scenes. There’s also a section devoted to our outstanding
Remember the sculptures will only be on display until 25 August so – GET OUT THERE AND MAKE FRIENDS WITH OUR SUPERLAMBANANAS!
Follow our top tips and see them all:
- Don’t attempt to see them all in one day, take your time and why not see some of the other 08 activities at the same time.
- Plan your route, why not try and see them all by public transport. Call Merseytravel on 0871 200 2233 for help.
- The Superlambananas are very fussy eaters and don’t like to be watched eating so please don’t try and feed them. They are actually quite shy; it took us an age to persuade them to go on show!
- Please introduce yourself to them and give them a hug and pat. They really don’t like being sat or climbed on but they LOVE having their picture taken!
- If you see any damage to a Superlambanana, please email or call the Superlambanana Vets on 0151 233 2008, so that first aid can be administered.