Garfield Weston Foundation one-off 60th Anniversary Fund (UK)
In 2018 the Weston Garfield Foundation is celebrating its 60th anniversary. As part of these celebrations Foundation have launched the Weston Anniversary Fund. This one-off grants scheme will fund Capital projects that provide new, or improve existing community facilities for people across the UK. The fund is open to UK registered charities, CIOs, state maintained schools and places of worship, where the project has a clear benefit to the local community and will provide grants of between £30,000 and £150,000 per project. The type of projects funded could include:
- New building or extension to an existing building for community use e.g. a new kitchen, meeting room or storage facility
- Improvements to, or renovation or refurbishment of, an existing building such as installing a toilet and servery in a rural church for community use
- New fixed playground equipment, climbing walls or multiuse games area in a public playing field
- Purchase of large or expensive items if it is crucial in supporting local people e.g. minibus for elderly day care, equipment for a training room, community café fit out etc.
- Purchase of land or property with a minimum of a 25-year lease with a clear community benefit.
The closing date for applications is the 30th June 2018. Read more at: https://anniversary.garfieldweston.org/weston-anniversary-fund/