11 December 2009 – 30 January 2010
This exhibition will feature a selection of 2D miniature artworks in a variety of mediums and styles from abstract to representational, from Liverpool and North West based artists, children and all those who love being artistically creative or are simply talented within the fine arts.
As we are approaching Christmas festivities, we would like the audience to be delighted to support this project with their visits and votes for the best artworks on show. Volunteers for Jury members and all donations are welcomed to support the project.
Why not join in and help to write 2D “Merry Christmas” on the walls of Gallery4allarts, on Lark Lane, decorate an indoors 3D Christmas tree sculptural installation and pack walls with your miniature artworks by creating and submitting 1-15 miniature size artworks by latest 5th December 2009.
Events/Important dates for your diary:
• Exhibition opening day and main Awards Ceremony:
Friday 11th December 2009, 2pm- 8.30pm
• Award Ceremony (11 Dec.) starts 6.30pm
• Public voting period starts: Friday 11th Dec 2pm;
• Public voting period closes: Friday 18th Dec 5pm
• Open Day and Public Award Ceremony: Friday 18th December 2009, 5pm-8.30pm
• Award Ceremony (18 Dec.) starts 6.30pm
• Exhibition closes: 30th January 2010
Re: prizes/ awards
There will be ideally 5 prize winners selected (prizes of symbolic awards, counting more as Christmas presents)
1. Jury’s prize – ‘Best artist’
2. Curator’s prize – Best miniature abstract painting
3. Public’s choice / prize – ‘Best miniature artwork’
4. Senior prize – (for the eldest participant)
5. Junior prize – ( for the youngest participant)
All prizes except the ‘Public’s choice’ award will be announced on the opening day. ‘Public’s choice’ award will be announced a week later on the 18th Dec.