Freelancer: Community Artist & Facilitator, Axis Arts Centre
- Closes 5th September 2016
- Location North West, Cheshire / Warrington
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Artform combined arts, interdisciplinary arts,literature, music, Spoken Word
- Contact Jodie Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org
Axis Arts Centre is recruiting an experienced community artist and facilitator to lead on ANIMATE!
ANIMATE! is the 1-year creative programme developed as part of a Heritage Lottery Funded Landscape Partnership Scheme launched in 2014 called Saltscape. Saltscape brings together partners and communities to ensure that the distinctive character of the Weaver Valley landscape, shaped by underground salt and human interaction throughout its history, is managed and celebrated cohesively for future generations.
Through a series of creative workshops, ANIMATE’s artist/facilitator will support communities to create site-specific work at various heritage sites including Winsford, Middlewhich, Northwich & Frodsham. We are recruiting a community artist and facilitator, ideally with a practice in spoken word, lit or music, with experience of working with a range of communities, including young people with learning disabilities.
Aside from generating and programming performance work inspired by heritage and landscape, the artist will also be responsible for event managing the performances.
- Plan and deliver vibrant, high quality creative workshops in multiple contexts, inspired by heritage in the Saltscape area
- Create and/or programme and event manage community performances at Saltscape festivals/sites
- Maintain accurate records regarding participation and audience engagement
- Develop, nurture and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including Saltscape partners and community groups
- Manage an operating budget, ensuring all income and expenditure is in line with budget plans and accurately accounted for
- Support Manchester Metropolitan University Contemporary Arts students to develop site-specific work within the performance programme
- Create a communication tool (Facebook page) where arts and heritage communities in the Saltscape partnership can communicate beyond the ANIMATE! programme
- Enable and encourage heritage sites to understand the potential involvement of arts-related activity at their sites or events
To apply, send a C.V. and covering letter (no more than two A4 pages) outlining how your experience equips you for the duties outlined, to Axis Arts Centre Director Jodie Gibsonj.email@example.com
Deadline: Mon 5th Sept
Interview: Thurs 15th Sept
Fee: £12k (Approx. 14hrs a week with additional hours required around festival dates), Oct 2016-Sept 2017