Freelance Stage Managers for Burnley Canal Festival 2016, Deco Publique
- Closes 10th August 2016
- Location North West
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Artform crafts, combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, music, visual arts
- Contact Elena Gifford email@example.com
The Burnley Canal Festival 2016 (27th + 28th August) is a 2 day celebration of the Bicentenary Year of the Leeds Liverpool Canal and is supported by Super Slow Way. It will be delivered by Mid Pennine Arts and Deco Publique.
There are a number of stage management opportunities available to ensure the smooth running of different performance stages/spaces along the Burnley canal tow path. This role will include:
– Being involved in some stages of the planning process
– Liaising with artists, the production manager and technicians.
– Ensuring performances happen on time, managing stage entrances and exits.
– Overseeing the positioning of equipment, including PA and instruments, and managing the dismantling afterwards.
– Being in charge of sound checks and ensuring there are sufficient microphone channels.
– Ensuring artists’ requirements are fully met and dealing with any issues that may arise.
– Following health and safety legislation
Site visits may be necessary prior to the event.
Fee – £120 per day
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org