Deadline: Monday 17 August 2015. Paid.
Ludus Dance is the dance development charity based in Lancaster, though our work covers a wide area across the North West.
We are currently looking to expand our pool of freelance dance artists to work on our incoming projects and funded programmes. This work is highly varied and we are seeking early career and experienced artists who have experience working in community practice including (but not limited to):
- Children and young people
- Early years
- Integrated practice; learning disabilities and additional needs
- Health and wellbeing
- Hard to reach groups; BME, NEET
- Arts Award
- Dance in Museums and Heritage settings
- Mass movement and performance
- Previous and varied experience of facilitating dance in the community and in educational settings, specifically for children and young people
- Qualified to degree level in dance or an equivalent dance qualification
- An ability to inspire and engage people through dance
- Good communication skills
- Personable manner, flexible approach and positive attitude
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Hold a full driving license and access to a means of transport
- Arts Award Advisor
- Professional qualifications in teaching (PGCE, RAD, ISTD for example)
We are also specifically seeking an experienced Ballet Teacher for our highly popular Saturday morning classes. This person will be delivering creative ballet sessions for children aged 3-4 as part of a progressive learning programme. For more details about these classes, please contact the Dance Development team on 01524 35936.
Fees: Dependent on experience and nature of project
CLOSING DATE: Monday 17th August 2015
PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT DAY: Thursday 20th August 2015
To apply, please submit a current CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role.
To find out more about us go to www.ludusdance.org