Deadline: 5pm on Tuesday 31 May 2016.
We are looking for a freelance Community Projects Assistant for Super Slow Way to play a crucial role in the development and delivery of our activity in Pennine Lancashire.
Super Slow Way is part of Creative People and Places, a national action research programme funded by Arts Council England to test out new and experimental approaches to arts and cultural activity in order to build audiences and participants in areas currently shown to have low levels of engagement. We are working with residents, businesses, organisations and artists across Blackburn with Darwen, Hyndburn, Burnley and Pendle to support and develop models of socially engaged art practice.
Working authentically in collaboration with communities is fundamental to the success of Super Slow Way and supporting people and organisations to host artist residencies is key to our work.
The Community Projects Assistant will play a central role in the supporting the facilitation and delivery of our activity. We are looking for an imaginative, well-organised, motivational team player with a strong track record in community development and empowerment. You will work closely with the Community Coordinator to enable and support community participation and co-production across the Super Slow Way programme, having particular responsibility for the Community Commissions by:
- Supporting and developing community participation in the programme, particularly through the Community Commissions
- Supporting the delivery and promotion of the Community Commissions, ensuring that projects run smoothly by assisting artists and communities where necessary and ensuring relevant paper work is completed including monitoring forms, consent forms and risk assessments
- Being the main point of contact for artists on our projects, ensuring they have access to the facilities, resources and contacts required to fulfil their work. This includes arranging accommodation and room hire when necessary
- Assisting in the documentation of the projects, using social media and blogs
Super Slow Way’s base is in Burnley but the role is peripatetic across the project area (Burnley, Blackburn with Darwen, Hyndburn & Pendle).
The fee for this freelance role is based on a daily rate of £150 per day based on an 8 hour working day. We are looking for someone who is available to work approximately three days per week. The initial contract will be for six months but this role may be extended beyond this time period.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this contract please send:
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
- A covering letter outlining your interest in the role and your relevant experience. Please pay particular attention to the skills and experience required as detailed above (max two sides of A4).
- Details of two referees. We will only approach referees with your permission if you are offered the work.
You are also welcome to include web links to examples of recent relevant work or projects.
Please email your completed application to Laura Kelly (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating clearly in the subject header ‘Community Projects Assistant.’
If you would like a chat before sending in your application please contact Ruth Shorrock, Community Coordinator at Super Slow Way, on 07708 878 475 or email: email@example.com
DEADLINE: 5pm on Tuesday 31 May
INTERVIEWS: Friday 10 June (please hold this date if possible)
For full details, visit the website.