Freelance Collections Review Consultant, Port Sunlight Village Trust
- Closes 28th August 2018
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact Denise Courcoux email@example.com
Contract: September 2018-January 2019
Fee: £3,000 to include VAT, travel and expenses
Port Sunlight Village Trust (PSVT) seeks to appoint a consultant with experience of the museums and heritage sector, and expertise in collections management, care and development, to carry out a focussed Collections Review and make recommendations.
Specific aims for the Collections Review include:
- Understanding the significance of current collections
- Defining the scope of the collections and considering public realm objects within PSVT’s care for accessioning
- Identifying gaps in the collections and priorities for future collecting, including but not restricted to:
- Guidance on developing a contemporary collecting policy plan
- Guidance on developing a village archive policy and implementation plan, with particular attention to ensuring GDPR compliance, to document the historic and ongoing work of PSVT and previous custodians of the village
- Identifying and reviewing relevant external collections
- Identifying any conservation and collections management issues
Consultants are invited to apply by submitting a proposal that demonstrates the following:
- Your proposed approach to delivering the project
- Examples of previous relevant projects
- Indicative timetable outlining how you will divide your time between activities.
Please provide the name of two referees who have experience of working with you on similar projects.
The deadline for submissions is 9am on Tuesday 28th August 2018. Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the full brief please visit https://museumdevelopmentnorthwest.wordpress.com/2018/07/30/freelance-opportunity-port-sunlight-village-trust/
For further information on Port Sunlight and PSVT please visit http://portsunlightvillage.com/