POST: Finance Officer – Maternity Cover
HOURS: 2 days Per Week, 0945-1800
CONTRACT: Temporary –Maternity Cover (4 months starting October 2016 With a possible extension)
SALARY: £9.50 – £11 per hour, contingent upon experience
START: ASAP from 3rd October 2016
The Finance Officer position holds responsibility for day-to-day financial management and internal reporting for Open Eye Gallery. The post will work closely with both the Executive Director and accountants to maintain financial management for the organisation.
The role requires good attention to detail, strong numeracy skills, along with excellent personal and office organisational skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately. Great communication and IT skills (especially with databases and SAGE software) and to be honest, discreet and trustworthy.
Essential experiences required:
- Producing and analysing basic reports
- Reviewing and reporting budgets
- Monitoring budget holders & cost centres
- Financial administration, including reconciliation
- Cash handling
- Dealing with sales invoices, receipts and payments
- Financial Administration
- Book Keeping
Key Responsibilities include:
- To manage day-to-day financial records and reporting of the organisation.
- To maintain appropriate financial systems, effective internal control of, and proper audit trail of financial resources.
- Provide monthly reports and analysis in formats, which are agreed with Executive Director and Treasurer.
- To work with budget holders to ensure working budgets are actively managed and controlled on a monthly basis.
- Manage the organisations SAGE accounting system in order to ensure that all income and expenditure is recorded accurately in a timely manner
- Responsible for raising invoicing, bank reconciliations, plus cash flow monitoring and monitoring funding received and suppliers paid.
- Responsible for arranging payments, withdrawing and banking cash income.
Open Eye Gallery is one of the UK’s leading not-for-profit photography spaces and the only gallery of its kind in the North West of England. We believe photography is for everyone and can be meaningful, informing our present and inspiring positive futures.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 12th September 2016
For further details on this post and an application pack visit the Opportunities pages on our website – www.openeye.org.uk
To apply please submit your completed application form along with our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, by Monday, 12th September 2016, 12 noon, to email@example.com
Interviews to be held on Monday 19th September 2016, at Open Eye Gallery. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any special requirements needed for the interview.