Finance Assistant, Manchester International Festival
- Closes 19th February 2017
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k)
- Contact David Fox email@example.com
To Apply for this role please follow the instructions on our website carefully, http://mif.co.uk/about-us/work-with-us/
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
• Logging all purchase invoices and distributing to budget holders.
• Tracking the progress of purchase invoices through authorisation and payment processes.
• Creating new and maintaining the existing Creditors accounts in the accounting system (Sage).
• Preparing batches of authorised purchase invoices for import into Sage.
• Retrieving relevant invoices due for payment, based on Aged Creditors report and the invoice log.
• Regular reviews of supplier statements and reconciliations to Sage records and Aged Creditor reports.
• Assisting with artist and supplier payment runs (e.g. compiling lists of payees from Artifax).
• Keeping Artifax up-to-date regarding payments to contractors and performers.
• Maintaining the purchase invoices log and other relevant records up-to-date.
• Recording and tracing financial transactions on Sage as required.
• Preparing supplier information and reports from Sage and other sources, as and when required.
• Dealing effectively with telephone and other enquiries and taking messages.
• Keeping in order electronic and paper filing of finance documents (e.g. Purchase invoices; Aged Creditor listings; supplier statements).
• Providing information to other staff as required. Assisting with maintaining other logs of financial information, e.g. gift-aid donations, issued cash floats, self-employment forms and FEU information, as and when required.
• Assisting with checking expenses, visa credit card and petty cash claims and preparing them for import into the SAGE accounting system, as and when required.
• Assisting with preparation of payroll information and associated documentation, as and when required.
• General assistance to the Head of Finance and Finance Coordinator as and when required.