Deadline: Thursday 25 February 2016, 12pm.
Job Title: FACTLab Learning Technologist
Reporting To: Programme Producer
Hours of Work: 35 hours (12 month fixed term contract)
Salary Range £21,000 – £23,000
Closing Date Applications Thursday 25 February 2016, 12pm
Application Method Complete application form
Interview Dates w/c 29 February 2016
Purpose of post
The position will be part of FACTLab, FACT’s transdisciplinary hub for practice-based research and innovation. The FACTLab Learning Technologist will lead on its Learning strand, focusing on the creative and critical use of technology, open source tools, and collaborative making.
The position will operate within FACT’s artistic and research programmes to embed and develop a philosophy of learning-by-doing throughout the organisation working across multiple projects and audience groups.
The FACTLab Learning Technologist will particularly contribute to FACT’s schools programme, engaging schools, teachers and students and promoting an approach to education based on experimentation, innovation and enquiry. The position will also support FACT’s commitment to talent development, furthering the hands-on technological skills and knowledge of individuals and groups such as, volunteers, residents, practitioners, graduate students, young people, communities, and staff.
- Collaborate with the Programme Producer and the Learning Coordinator to develop FACT’s schools programme, articulating a sustainable model around specific areas of research and a methodology of learning-by-doing.
- Mentor and advise artists undergoing production residencies in FACTLab from a technological standpoint.
- Facilitate technological lessons and courses when appropriate, and to contract and supervise external educators where necessary.
- Work across FACT’s programmes to grow and consolidate FACT’s learning strand for multiple audience groups including: HEIs, communities, young people, volunteers, practitioners, residents, contributing to discussions and to specific projects through the technological knowledge and expertise in making and participatory learning.
- Collaborate with the Learning Coordinator to initiate and develop relationships with schools, educational organisations and stakeholders, and contribute technological knowledge.
- Contribute to FACT’s public programmes through the development of engaging and accessible activities within FACTLab’s areas of research.
- Design lessons with school teachers for students of all ages and across all areas of the curriculum.
- Contribute to the development of FACT staff through hands-on technological workshops.
- Develop a methodology for documentation and ensure its implementation for the systematic recording of all learning processes.
- Research and remain up-to-date with the latest technological advancements in maker culture and investigate how they might be applied to FACT’s learning programmes.
- Represent FACT at meetings and professional encounters locally, nationally and internationally.
For full details, download the job pack from the FACT website.