Deadline for submissions: Monday 19 October 2015
Submissions now open for 10th Liverpool Film Night at FACT
Film Night: 17 November 2015, 18.30 – 21.30
After a year away, the city’s biggest celebration of Merseyside’s new film talent returns to FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology) on 17 November to celebrate its 10th anniversary! The event shines a light on the region’s up and coming film talent and offers Merseyside filmmakers a chance to see their short films on the big screen in front of industry experts. All films go through a rigorous selection process and are curated by a professional industry judge – this year will see actor and writer Celyn Jones as the host of the evening and head judge.
Filmmakers working in any medium are invited to submit their films for consideration for this year’s event. All genres are welcome: drama, comedy, animation, documentary, experimental or horror – with the restrictions that the film must have been made within the last 18 months and be no more than 15 minutes in length.
You can download full details and submission form from the FACT website.
Briefly, the rules are:
- Running times of films must be 15 minutes or less
- All entrants must be aged 16 and over
- Entrants must not infringe copyright but should have permission for any music or images they have used that are not their own.
- Films must be submitted by Vimeo, Dropbox or WeTransfer in HD, mp4 or aH.264 with a minimum bit rate of 5,000.Kbps
- Entrants may enter more than one film, but must complete one entry form for each film submitted.
- Entrants must reside within the Merseyside Region.
- Entrants must gain permissions to use images of actors at the screening and also for marketing purposes
- Submissions must have been produced within the last 18 months
- Entrants must also send film stills to FACT to accompany their submission