Deadline: Saturday 14 November 2015. Paid, Full time
Position: Exhibitions and Engagement Officer
Organisation: Laurence Sterne Trust at Shandy Hall
Location: UK, England, York, Coxwold
Closing date: 14/11/2015 Midday
Job Type: Fixed Term post ending on 31 March 2016
Salary: £18,500 (per annum)
Based at Shandy Hall, Coxwold, the successful candidate will provide support for the Curator in the delivery and promotion of the activities programme and on museum work as required.
- Graduate in related discipline
- Experience of museum object handling, knowledge of conservation standards
- Experience of collections management database systems
- Experience updating websites
- Experience creating and managing social media content
- Knowledge of the basics of putting together an exhibition
- Knowledge of how to promote exhibitions, events, websites
- Ability to work in a small team and use own initiative
- Interest in the work of the Laurence Sterne Trust and the 18thcentury
- Demonstrable experience of using photographic equipment
- Flexible approach to work
- Museum studies or related master’s qualification
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience of promoting museum related activities
- Experience of designing marketing materials
- Experience working in a public-facing role within a heritage environment
- Experience updating and creating records on Modes Complete
- Knowledge of relevant data and cataloguing standards (SPECTRUM)
- Experience of using WordPress
- Experience of using photographic editing software
- Experience of creating e-newsletters using online editing programmes (Mailchimp)
- 9.00am-5.00pm, for a five day week, based at Shandy Hall. Own transport essential.
Funded through Arts Council England and will end 31 March 2016.
Please apply via email with a CV and covering letter to the Curator – firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: A Sentimental Journey, Exhibitions and Events Officer.
In a covering letter explain how your skills and experience meet the person specification. Covering letters to be no more than two sides of A4 in length.
Closing dates for applications is Saturday 14 November 2015 Midday.
Interviews will take place at Shandy Hall on 24 November 2015.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume you have not been shortlisted for interview.
For further details about the Laurence Sterne Trust visit the website: www.laurencesternetrust.org.uk