Deadline: 5pm on Friday 4 March 2016.
Are you an aspiring designer / creative in need of facilities and commercial experience to make and sell your art or craft wares? Read on…
An opportunity has arisen for a creative designer or artist to join our team on a time / facilities share programme. The programme offers free use of fully equipped studio for two days per week in exchange for two days work per week working in a creative retail environment where you will learn what is required of your items to get them into shops and make them sell!
Ilsa Parry – product designer and managing director for rethinkthings LTD (trade only product brand) is seeking assistance to staff her shop “MYNE boutique” at the Bluecoat Chambers Liverpool two days per week (Wednesday and Thursday). In exchange for use of her studio and all design / making facilities on a Monday and Tuesday so that she can focus on developing the trade aspect of her business. No payment in respect of bills or rent is required but materials and consumables would need to be self purchased. The agreement would run on a four month basis in the first instance to trial its feasibility. The relationship would not be one of employer / employee but instead would be termed around a mutual interest collaboration / partnership agreement and would work on a basis of reliability and trust.
Studio is fully heated / decorated and is near to Lime Street station and can be accessed two days per week by arrangement. Facilities include:
· An exclusive office with kitchen sofa and toilet
· Landline telephone and internet (contribution required if overused regularly)
· Wifi colour a3 printer
· 700mm CNC vinyl cutter and sewing machine
· Sublimation printer / mug heat press / t shirt press / iron
· Workshop power and hand tools
· Band Saw
· Faceplate lathe
· Sanding disc and belt
· Small pillar drill
· Design Library and stock room (use by further arrangement)
Shop duties would include:
· Responsibility for opening / closing shop
· Collecting mail / posting some online orders
· Operating till and serving customers
· Gift wrapping / print framing
· Light cleaning and restocking / repackaging
· Marketing activities (blogging / social media and signwriting)
· Placing orders with known suppliers form time to time and barcoding
Interested creatives should contact Ilsa directly for an application by 5pm on Friday 4th March – firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews take place the following week for immediate start.