Digital Photography: Take Better Photos
by dot-art Services
The aim of this 10-week course is to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to get the best from your digital camera in order to take better photographs. Each week of the course will focus on a different aspect of photography and will cover:
- when to use automatic settings – and when not to
- understanding aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- creative use of focus
- getting the best results from your zoom lens
- viewpoint and composition – the rules and when to break them
- understanding light and colour – and how to use them in your photographs
- photographing at night and in low light
- capturing and using movement
- using a computer to improve your pictures
- getting creative and using special effects
- taking your photography forward – where to now?
The course will be relaxed, fun and informal, taking place in a bar, of which we will have exclusive use. Each week will involve some theory, mini assignments with lots of taking pictures and reviewing and learning from the results.
The tutor is Wirral-based photographer Mark Reeves. Mark has been a photographer for many years, having worked with both film and digital processes. He has worked as a photo-journalist with work published in national newspapers and specialist magazines. In 2014 he was runner-up in the urban section of the prestigious Landscape Photographer of the Year award. He holds the Licentiate distinction from the Royal Photographic Society and regularly exhibits and sells his work at a range of different galleries.
To get the best from this course you should own (or have the use of) a digital SLR camera, a mirrorless camera or a bridge camera and your camera should have either a zoom lens or interchangeable lenses. But if you are in doubt, please ask!
It would also be beneficial to bring the instruction manual to your camera if you have one.
Winter Programme: Tuesday evenings
February: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
March: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
April: 3rd, 10th
Tusk Baltic, 5 Mann Street, L8 5AF Liverpool
£160 for the 10 week course.
It is possible for you to divide the cost into two payments of £80, full amount must be paid in advance of the course.
- There are a maximum of 15 places available on the course, so early booking is essential.
- To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660
Cancellations / Refunds
Once you have made your course booking your are committed to it. This is because our courses have very small student numbers, and often sell-out and are unavailable to others. Therefore any cancellations may result in a place not being filled, or a course not being able to run.
Cancellations are permitted up to six weeks before the start of a course, and a full refund will be issued. Refunds will not be made for cancellations less than six weeks before the start of a course. If you are unable to attend due to illness, personal or professional commitments you do not have the right to a refund.
If you wish to cancel your place on a course that has not yet started and you have a friend or colleague who can take your place we can accommodate this substitution.
dot-art and Williamson Tunnels may use your details to contact you about forthcoming events, classes or developments that may be of interest.