Application deadline: 4pm, Tuesday 8 March 2016.
Interviews: W/C Monday 14th March 2016
Milapfest produces performances, education projects and artist development programmes nationally and internationally from its base in Liverpool. We are a national charity, with the aim of “Uniting Hearts Through Arts”. Over nearly 30 years, since 1985, we have helped to change the lives of artists, audiences and young people through our various programmes of activity, and focus on the universal, global appeal of Indian music and dance. The organisation produces a year-round programme of performances, arts education and professional development projects, and is considered one of the world’s leading organisations in this field.
Role Title & Summary: Events & Admin Support Officer
Full-time / Salary £18500 to £20000 per annum depending on experience
Reports to Artistic Director
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, outgoing, reliable and an excellent team player. We also expect excellent communication skills and a genuine interest in Milapfest and Indian arts. The applicant will be able to manage multiple priorities, deliver a challenging workload under pressure and work within a budget. They will be able to demonstrate relevant skills and work experience.
Main Objectives & Duties:
This exciting role is required to work in the planning, programming and delivery of all Milapfest performance, training and education events, including two Summer Schools and a Festival in Liverpool.
The main duties of the Events & Admin Support Officer include:
- To support the office administrative work, including filing, communications, meeting preparation and reporting and to support the team in this area.
- To monitor office systems, including telephones, emails and internal / external communications.
- To help plan and administer all public events across all Milapfest activities
- To work at events as front of house, stage of production manager, as allocated in the work schedule, including receptions and special events.
- To deliver a high standard of customer service by meeting and greeting artists, audiences, students and participants of Milapfest activities.
- To support planning and delivery of activities for the Indika Festival, Music India and Dance India
- To act as tour manager, event manager or rehearsal manager as required.
- To support research and planning for sponsorship and funding, including liaising with funders, visitors, donors or guests.
This role is to deliver all event related work across the organisation, but is not exclusively limited to the activities described above. It is the policy of Milapfest to continually review and improve job descriptions, to ensure that they are relevant to the work, or take into account any changes or developments in the sector.
Milapfest team members are required to be flexible and perform duties across the range of our activities, to help develop wide ranging skills and experience: the Event Officer will be required to:
- Work as Event Manager for Milapfest events and activities, to gain an understanding of our core programme, interact with our key clients and patrons, and ensure that our fundraising programmes are publicized in an effective way.
- Work on projects such as conferences, tours, festivals and fundraising events, to create, manage and deliver events which benefit the role and organization.
Essential qualifications, experience & skills:
- Educated to degree level as a requirement, a higher degree is desirable
- Experience of working in a public facing role in the arts or service industries.
- Experience of working with databases
- Project Management
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Confidentiality and ethical gathering of information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, including online research resources
- Excellent analytical and research skills
Other Qualities required
- Ability to work in a team or individually
- Ability to work under pressure, with excellent time management skills
- Willingness to work flexibly, to travel and to work outside regular hours as required.
To apply, please send by email or post:
1. a covering letter
3. a statement of no more than 500 words detailing why you would like to apply, and your suitability for this post
To: Alok Nayak, Artistic Director / Director of Development,
Milapfest, The Capstone Building, 17 Shaw Street, Liverpool L6 1HP / email@example.com
Closing Date: 4pm, Tuesday 8th March 2016