Deadline: Wednesday 4 November 2015, 12:00
Salary: £16,803 pa pro rata
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Travel Loan and Childcare Voucher Scheme
37 hours per week, fixed term until 22 July 2016 (or until the post holder returns, which ever is sooner)
Purpose and objectives
Our Vision for Education and Visitor Services:
We aim to deliver a high quality, positive and rewarding museum experience that will encourage children, young people and adults to gain the knowledge and skills they need to develop their educational attainment, cultural awareness and life chances.
To achieve this we recognise that we have a major part to play in understanding the needs of our local schools, communities and visitors. Our success will be demonstrated through the delivery of an excellent and seamless visitor experience that enables high levels of participation, national collaboration and international partnership.
Reporting to the Education Team Leader you will:
- Work with schools, community groups and general visitors to develop diverse education activities which are inclusive and accessible to all visitors.
- Encourage visitor participation through an accessible and inclusive Education / Community Programme.
- Deliver an education programme of workshops, interactive tours, talks, events and other activities as directed by your Manager or Team Leader.
- Deliver sessions, activities and projects on diverse themes that target under represented and vulnerable communities across NML venues.
- Support venue based EV teams to engage with diverse audiences and connect groups identified through outreach programmes with the core education offer.
- Deliver outreach programmes offsite using themes from permanent galleries and special exhibitions across NML with diverse content when required.
For full details on Job Descriptions and Employee Specification, visit the website.