Deadline: 9am, Monday 6 June 2016
Fee – £30,000 PA
Contract: July 2016 – September 2017
The closing date for applications is: 9am 06 June 2016
Interviews are expected to take place: W/C 13 June 2016
Main Purposes of the Post
To create and maintain the technical elements of MIF’s digital platforms for the 2017 Festival. This will include developing a new branded website, using existing CMS with fully integrated social media at its core. The Digital Manager will also be responsible for developing and maintaining both the new MIF Hub (Extranet) and Digital Media Archive and advising MIF Producers on how best to deliver interactive elements of their projects.
Please note, this is a technical role, and does not involve content creation. The central function is to scope and develop stable and fully integrated digital platforms to meet MIF’s digital requirements, however, it will involve an element of technical support to the Digital Producer and wider Communications Team – which may include editing short form content (e.g. vox pops, podcasts and other digital assets).
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Develop the back end of a new MIF website – using existing CMS and social media accounts, API connectivity to our Artifax events database
- Liaise closely with the external hosting provider to ensure that the main MIF site scales up for key events (e.g. programme launch, on sale)
- Work closely with the Comms team, plan and implement a strategy for website promotion, maximising traffic through effective online advertising, PPC and SEO campaigns
- Work closely with Digital Producer to ensure that the strategic needs of the organisation are met – whether related to online learning, ticket sales, fundraising or Press and Comms
- Work with the Designer and Copy Editor to ensure the visual presentation of any digital platforms is on brand
- To analyse website data, identify trends and provide accurate and regular evaluation reports, optimising campaigns to produce the best return on investment, and to improve the customer experience online
- Manage and develop the MIF Hub (Extranet)
- Managed and develop the MIF’s online Digital Archive
- To ensure that the Festival is strongly, and correctly, featured in a wide range of websites and e-communications across many different partners and sectors
To apply for this role, please complete the application form (including Equal Opportunities Monitoring form) outlining your suitability for this role and send FAO David Fox to email@example.com – marking DMAN17 in the subject field
Please note, this role is ONLY available as a salaried position and not as a freelance contract.
For further information please download the job description and person specification from the website.
To apply please visit – http://www.mif.co.uk/about-us/jobs/