Developing a Cultural Strategy and Report for Wigan Borough, Wigan Council
- Closes 26th February 2018
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact Rob Sanderson firstname.lastname@example.org
Through the development of a Cultural Strategy, we aim to support the growth of our borough’s cultural sector, realising long term economic and health benefits. Wigan Council provides strategic leadership for culture and the arts, working to provide investment in local provision. Wigan Council invites tenders for consultancy services to deliver research, consultation, write the borough’s Cultural Strategy and outline strategic direction for the whole of Wigan Borough. The successful tenderer will be required to:
* Work with representatives of the cultural sector within Wigan Borough to gain insight into issues at a grass roots level and to understand range of cultural activity in the borough and the opportunities and challenges facing the sector.
* Work with key officers of Wigan Council across cultural, economic, health, educational and environmental services to understand the importance of culture in its broadest of sense.
* Effectively map existing cultural activity in the borough, highlighting areas that are culturally isolated.
* Work with us and stakeholders to develop and draft a Cultural Strategy that represents the needs of the cultural sector, and which links to the Council’s tourism strategy and associated work areas including health, education and the environment.
* Deliver a detailed report which outlines the existing cultural offer and suggests recommendations for partnerships with cultural organisations outside of the borough, across GMCA and further afield. This project is jointly funded by Arts Council England and Wigan Council.
Please apply through The Chest (https://www.the-chest.org.uk/).