DesignLab Nation designer, Blackburn museum and art gallery
- Closes 15th November 2017
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Contact Rebecca Johnson email@example.com
We are looking for an innovative designer/s to lead these exciting design projects with Secondary school student as part of the V&A led DesignLab Nation Working with Blackburn Museum and art gallery, this designer/s will to work with students on design projects focussing on the theme of Textile and print Design, tying into Blackburn’s textile manufacturing industrial heritage.
Each school project will comprise of 4 creative full day workshops including sessions at Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery, sessions in the school and a visit to the V&A in London and planning time. Students and teachers will also be encouraged to work on project work between sessions.
We are looking for a practicing designer
- who is passionate about design and the local textile manufacturing industry.
- Experience in leading creative workshops
- is able to make links between their own design practice and the collection at Blackburn Museum (https://blackburnmuseum.org.uk/collections/).
- Organised, and able to project plan and schedule accordingly
We are looking for 1 designer to work with 3 schools or 3 individual designers to work with each school
Fee for each school is £1400 including 4 days delivery and 3 days planning
Programme to take place between January and July 2018
For more information and a full brief please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline 15th November 2017