DESIGN & PR ASSISTANT
Marketing | Liverpool, UK | Full Time
Position: Design & PR Assistant
Location: Liverpool City Centre (Baltic Triangle)
Reports to: Brand Manager, James Mellan
Direct Reports: No managerial responsibilities
Who we are
Our mission at Milexa is to deliver leading design in cutting edge new forms, to enrich the environments that people occupy. We design and manufacture design leading products that enhance the spaces where people live, work and play.
Our core products of bespoke wall and floor coverings give us a unique offering, and brings totally new design possibilities to our customers. We have a passion for launching innovative new products into established markets, and our aim is to be industry leading in every space we enter.
Our business is based around innovation and creativity, and we’re passionate about developing people as well as products. Everyone has an important role to play in our organisation and it is a place where all ideas are listened to and people are given the freedom to make a real impact and develop their skills.
Milexa is offering a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Design & PR Assistant to join our growing marketing team to help develop and deliver best-in-class digital PR operations that drive business growth.
As Design & PR Assistant, you will drive forward the team’s digital PR activity by creating industry-leading imagery, managing products on the brand website and building and maintaining the team’s community of journalists, bloggers and social influencers.
As a brand champion, you will also play an important role in creative meetings, helping to develop marketing ideas and give valuable feedback to highlight marketing opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
Design: Creating high quality interiors images that can be used as part of our brands’ digital strategies. These include getting us get featured on other leading websites and delivering image content for our social media channels and our blog.
Community Management: Maintaining a database of leading journalists and bloggers and ensuring that our PR lists are of a high quality and consistently optimised for best results.
Product Merchandising: Managing the process of adding new products to the website and the ongoing optimisation of where those products sit on our shopping pages. You’ll also manage a team of writers to ensure that all product descriptions are of a high standard and optimised for Google.
Social Media & Content Marketing: Creating additional content for the blog and our social media channels. You will be fully responsible for managing our Facebook, Instagram and Houzz social media profiles.
Idea Generation: Contribute to the creative process of marketing campaigns with your ideas.
What you’ll need
- At least an intermediate level of Photoshop (Mandatory)
- An intermediate level of photo editing and photography post-production (Mandatory)
- Experience organising large amounts of data in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel (Preferable)
- Experience working in WordPress or other content management systems (Preferable)
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong focus on precision.
- An ability to work efficiently and according to deadlines and schedules.
- A passion for design and visual communication.
- A passion for working within a team, particularly as a member who can be relied on for extra support in completing tasks and projects.
- A desire to push boundaries and be innovative in what you do.
- An ability to spot inefficient processes and find solutions to make them more efficient.
- An insatiable drive to deliver quality work and achieve big results
- A non-nonsense approach to getting stuff done
What we offer
- Opportunities for career development and chance to make a major impact on a fast growing business
- Opportunities for career progression and promotion as the business grows
- A fast paced, creative and fun working environment
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays