Culture Coordinator, Creative Europe Desk UK, The British Council
- Closes 2nd June 2017
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Contact email@example.com
The British Council was founded to create ‘a friendly knowledge and understanding’ between the people of the UK and wider world by making a positive contribution to the countries we work with, and in doing so making a lasting difference to the UK’s international standing, prosperity and security. The programmes we use to do this are wide-ranging and cover the arts, education, English, science and society.
Our UK Arts team works with the British Council’s global network of offices to achieve significant impact and change by finding new ways of connecting and seeing each other through the arts. Our team in the UK has three main groupings: We have six art form teams; three cross-disciplinary teams; and three country-specific teams in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Our aim is to see stronger creative sectors across the world that are better connected with the UK.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following essential knowledge & experience:
- Experience in a client-facing role, assisting with ad hoc requests and enquiries
- Understanding of and interest in UK Arts sector
- Experience of supporting and delivering events and of office administration for example organising travel, finance and diary management.
- Ability to manage a range of projects and tasks concurrently and independently
Some of the main opportunities/challenges include: (Please see Role Profile for full details of the duties)
- Delivering a consistent, efficient and high quality enquiries service to a wide range of stakeholders
- Managing competing demands on time and resource.
- Build knowledge across all genres of the UK arts and culture sector.
Part-time 3 days a week for 6 months with possibility of extension
The closing date is 2nd June 2017 at 23:59 UK time and we are looking to schedule the interviews for 12th and 13th June.
Please use the bit.ly link http://bit.ly/2qbLPOh to copy and paste into your browser and you will be taken directly to the job on the British Council website.