Liverpool’s Cultural Quarter comes alive this Weekend with Arts, Crafts, Music and Dinosaurs!
The Winter Arts Market, Liverpool’s largest arts and craft market lands in Liverpool’s beautiful cultural quarter on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 December from 10am until 5pm. Visitors to St Georges Hall will find the widest selection of original artworks, crafts and gifts from 120 stalls each day, whilst enjoying the stunning surroundings of St George’s Hall, a Grade I listed heritage site. A special preview of some of the exhibitors feature on the event website at http://winterartsmarket.wordpress.com
Not only is this a unique shopping experience offering shoppers an alternative to the high street, there will be a range of special events across the weekend for visitors to the cultural quarter to enjoy. Choose from –
- Crown Court Concerts – A special programme of free musical performances will also take place inside St George’s Hall Crown Courtroom throughout the weekend. Saturday sees the Liverpool Ukelele Orchestra, Showstoppers concert band, choirs and more. The magnificent Mellowtone host all day Sunday with a platter of live acoustic and roots music including performances by (former La) Mike Badger, live favourite Nick Ellis, Cumbrian songstress Laura James, and Mark Delaney (formerly Mojave Collective).
- Living History – Visitors to St Georges Hall are invited to discover some fascinating facts about the Grade I Listed venue from roaming Dickensian characters brought to life by the Friends of St George’s Hall. Plus Lormac Productions offer the rare chance to meet Queen Victoria and her royal entourage in the Heritage Centre.
- Can Cook Pop Up Cafés – Shoppers can also relax and enjoy some food and drink from another new addition to the Winter Arts Market, two new Can Cook Cafes pop up especially for the event offering their tasty winter warmers menu including some scrumptiously seasonal mulled wine!
- Free Health Checks – 2020 Decade of Health & Wellbeing will be at the Winter Arts Market to help you make a lifestyle change and feel better, with free health checks (blood pressure, BMI, cholesterol) and advice on health issues including smoking, healthy eating, psychical activity, alcohol and other areas.
- Complete the weekend with a visit to the free museum or art gallery on William Brown Street (both open daily 10am to 5pm). Families can enjoy the free Dinomania weekend at World Museum which sees a 14ft Tyrannosaurus Rex on the loose, plus talks, special displays and craft activities. Art lovers can head to the world class Walker Art Gallery for The Art Books of Henri Matisse exhibition and enjoy a live jazz performance from 1- 3pm on Sunday, perfect for post shopping relaxation.
The Winter Arts Market
St George’s Hall, Liverpool
Sat 3rd & Sun 4th December 2011
16’s and over £1.50