Deadline for Expressions of Interest: Monday 1 February 2016.
Creative Project Manager – GLITCH festival
GLITCH collective, based at MOSTYN, are part of the National Circuit Programme, a four-year national programme connecting 15-25 year olds to the arts in galleries and museums,
working in partnership with the youth and cultural sector. Led by Tate and funded by the
Paul Hamlyn Foundation, it provides opportunities for young people to steer their own
learning and create cultural activity across art disciplines.
In 2016, GLITCH collective will be curating, organising and running a festival for 15-25s in
MOSTYN, Llandudno. The aims of this festival are;
• To attract at least 3,000 young people aged 15-25 to the festival, whether in MOSTYN itself or online.
• To make a positive difference with and for young people in the area – working with members of GLITCH collective and of the community.
• To improve access and opportunities for ‘harder to reach’ young people through
extending and developing sustainable networks between the arts and youth sector, working with GLITCH’s partner organisations in Rhyl and Colwyn Bay.
• To develop and change practice within and across cultural organisations
• To change attitudes and behaviours towards and about young people
We’re looking to put on an inspiring festival in Llandudno with and for 15-25s, using the theme of collaboration – a theme we have worked with in 2015, as a catalyst for activities
across art disciplines. For more information about what galleries across the Circuit network have been doing, see the Circuit website: http://circuit.tate.org.uk
• Experience of project management
• Experience of working with young people under 25 and an ability to foster peer led
• Experience in organising group projects that respond to context with inventiveness
• Able to work to a deadline
• Positive attitude and an ability to work under pressure
• Work to the Circuit national programme’s core values
• A record of delivering projects that realise SMART objectives
• Ability to marry artistic/conceptual links to gallery and theme with practicality.
• Good knowledge of the art/festival scene today
• Some knowledge of the youth culture of North Wales
• Ability to communicate in both welsh and english
Deadline for expression of interest: Midday, Monday 1st February 2016
Please send a letter of application, along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details, visit the website.