Deadline: Monday 21 September 2015. Paid (£30k-40k pro rata) Part time
Museums of Cheshire is a network of diverse venues across the historic region of Cheshire. We have been awarded ACE Museum Resilience Funding to explore ways of working together to enhance the resilience and sustainability of our partner venues, to reach new audiences and create innovative new programmes.
We are now looking for an experienced curator or museums consultant to deliver a narrative study. We require a consultant to review venues and collections across our member organisations, and to produce a document which sets out the shared stories of our members and new ideas about how we can use these stories and our collections to engage with target audiences and develop partnership work, for example to:
- Develop shared learning resources and public programmes
- Create new marketing initiatives which promote Museums of Cheshire as a network of linked venues
- Create interesting, accessible and informative content for our forthcoming website, to be commissioned in early 2016
- Develop new projects and collaborations, potentially though creating smaller ‘thematic’ cluster groups in addition to the main MOC network
- Facilitate loans and sharing of objects to enhance public access to our collections.
For further information and a copy of the full brief, please contact Kate Rodenhurst, Museums of Cheshire Project Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org