Community Engagement Officer, Port Sunlight Village Trust
- Closes 20th February 2017
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k)
- Contact Kath Lynch firstname.lastname@example.org
Port Sunlight Village Trust is seeking to recruit a Community Engagement Officer on a 12 month contract for an ACE Museum Resilience project: The Role of the Museum in the Resilience of Port Sunlight. This is a brand new post and one that will contribute towards the Trust’s future strategic direction. Our project aims to develop a new relationship between local residents and the Trust, by involving local residents in the development of our new strategic plan, and facilitating projects, events and activities which will enhance village life. Much of your work will be based at Bridge Cottage, a property in the village which was formerly the home of William Hesketh Lever and will be transformed into a multi-purpose community hub and event space.
You will be responsible for developing resident involvement in our ACE funded project, including:
– being involved in the fit-out and furnishing of Bridge Cottage
– recruiting, training and managing volunteers
– developing an activity and events programme which enhances village life and supports health and wellbeing
– networking with local stakeholders and partners to promote the Trust and the project.
Experience of working in community development and volunteering is essential, and a demonstrable interest in heritage would be a strong advantage.
For an application pack, please contact the Trust office on 0151 644 4800 or email@example.com. Please note CVs will not be accepted.