Community Arts Sessional Tutor/Assessor
£15 per hour
The Florrie is an historical and architectural gem in the heart of Riverside ward in South Liverpool and offers a wide variety of participatory activities for people of all ages, multi-purpose event spaces available for hire and fully inclusive workspaces for businesses.
The Florrie is developing a newly accredited vocational education programme that provides vocational equivalents of GCSE A-C qualifications in Community Arts linking vocational training to live creative projects.
Role of an Assessor includes:
- Developing plans for assessing competence with learners.
- Judging evidence criteria to make assessment decisions.
- Providing feedback and support to learners on assessment decisions.
- Contribution to the internal quality assurance process.
- Have occupational experience, understanding and any necessary qualifications, as specified in SQA (the awarding body) requirements. Qualifications include D32&D33, PTLLS, LD9D, A1 or equivalents; or
- Achieve a relevant assessor qualification within 18 months of starting to practice.
- Ensure that learners are fully briefed on assessment procedures and methods, including appeals procedures; involve learners in the assessment planning process; provide constructive feedback to learners on assessments, discuss targets and areas for development on an individual basis through the development of the individual learning plan.
- Adhere to SQA’s (the awarding body) assessment specification in the judgement of evidence towards an award.
- Record outcomes of assessment using appropriate documentation.
- Follow agreed procedures for recording, storing, reporting and confidentiality of information.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity to work on developing a newly accredited training programme please send your CV to Jo Anderson Jo@theflorrie.org or call for an informal chat on 0151 728 2323
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, qualifications/skills and experience detailed within the role profile.
The Florrie is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.