Chester Bandstand Coordinator, Cheshire West and Chester Council
Cheshire West and Chester Council invite expressions of interest to programme and manage the bandstand at the Groves, Chester
The Groves bandstand sits on a key point in Chester against the backdrop of the River Dee. It is in close proximity to Grosvenor Park, the Roman Gardens and the city centre. It has a seated area surrounding it alongside café’s, restaurants and regular boat trips. The entertainment on the bandstand is managed over the summer months to support this vibrant area.
The Bandstand Coordinator will programme the bandstand from the start of May to the end of August 2018 for 34 Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday.
Responsibilities include to:
- Communicate with the Arts and Festivals team to ensure the performance opportunities are circulated to a wide network with priority being given to local performers.
- Manage a budget
- Programme in accordance with the conditions of the premise licence
- Liaise with the council to ensure the diary is co-ordinated with other area events
- Communicate effectively with performers
- Coordinate the opening of the bandstand for performers
- Support the marketing of the performances
- Share the programme schedule with relevant parties
- Attend at least 3 performances
- Explore and propose future growth and development activity for the bandstand.
Candidates should have relevant or transferable previous experience.
Fee: £1300 A small additional budget is available to pay band/group performance expenses.
For further information & an expression of interest form please contact: email@example.com
Deadline: Tuesday 6 March, midnight.