Catering Assistant, The Reader
- Closes 8th January 2018
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact email@example.com
- Location: The Reader, Calderstones Park, L18 3JB
- Reporting to: The Catering Manager
- Hourly Rate: £7.05-£7.50 per hour
- Hours: Zero Hours (on a rota basis spanning 0800-1800 hours, Monday to Sunday).
- Duration: initial 3 month period with potential for extension to contract
About this post
This role will work across the catering provision of The Reader Group Enterprises, in our café, ice cream parlour, and events.
- To uphold the reputation and values of our organisation when dealing with customers and colleagues.
- To create and maintain a friendly, vibrant, and supportive atmosphere across the enterprises, whilst ensuring high standards of customer service.
- To work as a member of wider Reader Group team through engaging customers in conversations about The Reader Group’s charitable mission and plans for Calderstones.
- To comply with our food safety management system and health and safety requirements, including daily HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) diary entries. Training will be provided.
- To maintain high levels of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas of each enterprise.
- Preparing and presenting food and drinks to a high standard. This includes the café’s barista service, breakfast and lunch menu and the parlour’s ice cream offer. (Training will be provided).
- To undertake general duties including till/cashier duties, taking food orders, clearing of tables, washing of dishes, maintaining of stock levels. All duties to be completed in line with our high standards of customer service.
The Reader Enterprises are a key way in which the charity meets the public at Calderstones. Therefore we need staff who are friendly and who have or are able to learn great customer service skills. We are looking for someone who is kind but bold, who can lead others, cares, is willing to work hard and does what it takes to get the job done. You will be a person of integrity, honest, straightforward and able to speak up about things that matter.