Deadline: Saturday 14 November 2015
- Applications are invited for selection for a new prize exhibition to be held in Liverpool in memory of the potter Julia Carter Preston.
- The competition is open to UK based artist designer makers in their first 5 years of graduating or completing their training.
- Work can be in any craft medium including the use of new technologies in the production.
- Work must have been produced in the last 2 years and must be of the work to be exhibited if selected
- All work exhibited will be for sale in the exhibition*
- There is no minimum size permitted, but artists wishing to submit larger scale, heavy or work with specialist conservation or equipment requirements for consideration should check with the gallery first.
- Attach a statement of no more than 200 words, and an up-to-date c.v.
- *6 shortlisted makers will be offered an exhibition at Bluecoat Display Centre from 9th July – 21st August 2016, with 1 winning a prize of £1,000 awarded by the selection panel at the private view on the 8th July.
- The application deadline is 14th November 2015 and artists will be informed of the juries decision by December 5th 2015.
- Selection will be by an independent judging panel.
- Application forms must be submitted with a £10 fee payable to the Bluecoat Display Centre either by pay pal account or by cheque in artists name.
Terms And Conditions of Entry
- If selected for the exhibition, the artist agrees to the reproduction of their work or a detail of the work (at no fee) in association with the exhibition, including press, marketing and publicity.
- Shortlisted work in the exhibition will be issued with a contract that gives details of responsibilities, conditions and gallery commission.
Alan Whittaker : Hope University
Maureen Bampton : Bluecoat Display Centre
Angela Samata : Freelance Consultant
Teleri Lloyd-Jones : Editorial assistant Crafts Magazine
Toby Jackson : Freelance Consultant
For the details, visit the Bluecoat Display Centre website: