Call Out For Bluecoat 300 – DaDaFest Mini-Commissions
DaDaFest are looking for three artists to create separate performance interventions for our September event as part of the Bluecoat 300 Anniversary Programme.
Your intervention should be able to be repeated two or three times on Saturday 23 September.
Working with the theme of Passing: Past, Present and Possibilities we’d like to invite disability or Deaf artists to propose small scale live-art interventions.
We are offering three commissions of £150 with an additional access budget if required. We’d like to hear from artists working within the social and political context of disability/Deaf arts who have something to share with a wider audience at Bluecoat.
These will happen in and around the Bluecoat courtyard, Garden or Hub on Saturday 23 September 2017 between 11-5pm.
Other events over the weekend will explore Bluecoat’s history with Disability Arts and with DaDaFest so you might want to use your own knowledge and understanding of these histories as a starting point.
DaDaFest and Bluecoat staff can offer support in the creation and development of your piece in the form of:
– Signposting to sources of information or additional funding
– One to One feedback on your work as it develops
This support will be agreed with staff beforehand and limited to a maximum of two hours per commission.
Please contact Rachel Rogers at DaDaFest for an informal chat before submitting your proposal: Phone on 0151 707 1733 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline for commissions:
– Deadline for submissions is 16 June 2017.
– Decision making panel meet week commencing 19 June 2017
– Offers Made 23 June 2017
– Award Letters issued week commencing 26 June 2017
– Mentoring offered between 3 July and 21September (in agreement with DaDaFest and Bluecoat Staff)
– Get in: 22 September
– Performances: 23 September