Call out for Arts Practitioners – Southport Festival 2017
We are looking for a range of Community Arts Practitioners who could deliver interactive activities as part of the Southport Festival 2017.
The Festival is Arts based and encompasses Visual Art, Music, Comedy, Drama and Literature and 2017 will be its 3rd full year. This builds on several years of community run Arts based events, in a town that really appreciates and gets behind town wide, interactive, fun events.
The Festival will take place on Fri 5th, Sat 6th and Sun 7th May, with the main public, arts interactive activities, taking place on the Sat & Sun.
The event is a partnership, town wide Festival, in which Southport Tourism and Southport BID are the principal funders with a number of the town’s creative organisations in support, including The Atkinson, Southport Contemporary Arts, The Little Theatre, Big Comedy.
The Arts practitioners that we would like to engage with, are those that can bring fun, colourful accessible, family friendly arts based activities to the programme we offer.
Our general theme is ‘Art on the move’ which, we would like to see realised through a range of art activities that can be moved about/ walked about with, and art made literally by things or people moving around. The activities will be run from a number of different sites around the town, encouraging people to explore the town centre from the shops to the promenade.
We are looking for innovative, eye-catching ideas that will get people actively involved in creating artworks. If you think you could offer something to the mix of this exciting event and would like to get involved, we would love to hear from you with the following information:
– Visual images of your ideas (please keep email attachments below 5Mb in total or provide links to your web site)
– costs involved in delivering the activity (fee including materials and record images)
– an idea of the number of participants in a given time span that could access the activity
– infrastructure that you would need to enable the activity to take place and whether you would provide this or whether it would need to be sourced locally, e.g. gazebos /tables/ chairs / electricity etc.
– manpower to run the event- would you run it yourself/ with your team or would you lead it but require additional support sourced locally to oversee the participants?
– would you envisage the need for pre workshops to enable the activity to hit the ground running or would the outcomes from activities run on the day be sufficient to create the outcome you envisage?
Please lodge your interest and initial thoughts with us by 12 December 2016 at which point we can discuss things in more detail.
You can contact us by email or by post-
Post: ArtHouse, 65 Eastbank Street, Southport, PR8 1EJ ( attn Norrie Beswick-Calvert)