Cafe Supervisor, The Reader
- Closes 28th July 2017
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact Eamee Boden firstname.lastname@example.org
The Café Supervisor will be based at Calderstones Mansion House, where The Reader is developing its International Centre for Reading and Wellbeing. Hospitality is a key element of this venture, with profits reinvested into projects that improve the quality of people’s lives. The hospitality provision will create a range of employment opportunities and volunteer placements for people of all ages to develop new skills and confidence. It will also support and develop other activities being delivered within the Mansion House and surrounding buildings, such as training courses and community events. A café, open seven days a week, will provide a quality and affordable offer for the local community in a welcoming environment.
This is not your typical hospitality role; as well as having relevant catering experience and a passion for working with people, we looking for someone with a real connection to the ethos of The Reader and its commitment to improving the quality of people’s lives by connecting people through books and reading. This role requires an experienced individual who is comfortable supervising others whilst working as part of a team with excellent attention to detail.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Supervising other staff members
- Opening and setting up the café to level required (training will be provided)
- Cashing up
- Preparing and presenting food to a high standard (training will be provided)
- Preparing and presenting drinks to a high standard (training will be provided)
- Dealing with customers and ensuring high standards of customer service
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene.