Here’s the latest from the Bluecoat following this morning’s fire…
A fire broke out at the Bluecoat in the early hours of the morning of 13 May 2008. The damage appears to be confined to the kitchen, restaurant and offices areas, with the majority of the building undamaged.
We are working to establish when we can reopen to the public. In the meantime, the following events will no longer be taking place as scheduled:
– Port in Every Storm featuring Evan Parker (Wednesday 14 May)
– Variable Capital exhibition preview (Thursday 15 May)
– NWDA Conference (Thursday 15 May) Postponed. More information from email@example.com
– John Lanchester Cityphilia lecture (Friday 16 May)
– Mankind featuring D Kimm and Alexis O’Hara (Saturday 17 May – cancelled previously)
– Open Studios (Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 May)
– Explore in the Garden Room (Sunday 18 May)
The following participation events will take place at alternative venues:
– Blue Room (Wednesday 14 & Thursday 15 May). Meet outside the Bluecoat 9-10am. Relocated to Tate Liverpool.
– Fragrant (Thursday 15 May). Meet outside the Bluecoat 5.30pm. Relocated to the Quaker Meeting House.
– Four Corners (Saturday 17 May). Meet outside the Bluecoat 12.30pm. Relocated to the Quaker Meeting House.
– Shine masterclass weekend (Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 May). Meet outside the Bluecoat 10am. Relocated to the Quaker Meeting House.
– Fragrant (Sunday 18 May). Relocated to Tate Liverpool. Meet at Tate Liverpool 10.30am-3.00pm
Updates will be regularly posted on the website www.thebluecoat.org.uk
Refunds will be issued to customers for paid events.
Please note that staff are unable to access emails and telephones are not currently working.