Deadline: Friday 28 August 2015. Paid
Blaze is seeking expressions of interest from artists that use digital media including light and sound media who would like to be considered to engage with young people from the local area in producing a piece/ installation. We will be looking to utilize the spaces in Fleetwood Library in an imaginative way. The experience will feature as part of Blaze Festival in October 2015.
The artist’s role will be to work with young people’s ideas and through workshops develop a piece based on Alternative words that incorporates sound. We expect that the artist will guide the young people in the design possibilities and practicalities using the library space to produce a quality piece in the library. This will be done via the artist working with local groups of young people and leading them through this process.
There is an artist fee of £1500 attached to this project which will cover the director’s time for all workshops, development work, launch event, all travel, accommodation and other expenses.
There will be additional budget of up to £500 for materials and installation.
Please include the following when sending us your expression of interest proposal:
- Brief outline of initial ideas of how you would interpret and approach the project.
- Outline of your ideas including how you would plan to work with young people
- Details of materials/resources you might need for sessions
- Details of any specific technical requirements/specifications
- Links to websites containing examples of previous work
Contact: Bethany Houldsworth email@example.com