Assistant Curator of the Derby Collection (Leave Cover), Stanley Enterprise (Knowsley Hall and Safari)
- Closes 30th June 2017
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Contact Kathryn Parkinson email@example.com
Hours: 25.5 hours over 3 days per week
Contract: Fixed term, expected to last for 12 months
Salary: £22,000-£25,000 (dependant on experience and pro rota’d for 3 days per week)
Due to a period of leave, a rare and exciting opportunity has arisen at the Knowsley Estate for an Assistant Curator for the Derby Collection.
This role is based within the ancestral home to the Earls of Derby, Knowsley Hall, which is one of the North-West’s oldest stately homes and has a fascinating history. Owned by the Stanley family, the Derby Collection is a breath-taking collection that has been built up by the Earls of Derby for more than 500 years.
The duties of this role will include assisting the Curator with:
- the administration relating to the conservation / repair of items in the Collection.
- the monitoring of the Salvage Plan.
- in the management and administration of short and long term loans.
- in the development and maintenance of the image library.
- administering all image reproduction requests and issuing of licenses.
- in the curating of all exhibitions at Knowsley Hall.
- with conducting research into the Collections and the history of the Stanley Family.
- with tours of the Hall and external presentations when requested.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in this or a similar area, be well-presented, organised and have excellent communication skills. You will also need strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Due to our location, your own transport would be advantageous.
How to Apply
Please send your with CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that if you have not heard from us within three weeks of your submitting your application, in this instance, you have been unsuccessful.