Liverpool artwork of the day – Thursday August 23 2007. ‘Mulch’s Garden’ by Aardman Animations in Animated Adventures at World Museum Liverpool until Aug 26 2007
This excellent exhibition, aimed mainly at the yonger audience, ends on Sunday August 26 2007.
Animated Adventures looks at how animators come up with their ideas and put them into practise. The animators’ own words are used to guide you through the creative process with the making of ‘Wallace and Gromit, The Curse of the Were-rabbit’ at the centre of the exhibition.
Models and sets from the feature film reveal the amazing detail that is put into each of the scenes. Fans of the film will instantly recognize Wallace and Gromit’s basement, Tottingham Hall’s entrance hallway, Mulche’s garden and the Carousel.
There’s also plenty for visitors to interact with. You can:
* control the lighting on a Wallace and Gromit vicarage set
* use touch screens to colour in a range of characters
* add sound effects to a clip from ‘The Curse of the Were-rabbit’
* animate Morph from 1980s BBC programmes Take Hart and Hartbeat
* create animated title credits
* make your own mini-movie
* learn to draw Wallace and Gromit.