What is Up for Arts 2011 ?
‘Up for Arts’ is a social action radio project. It aims to increase engagement in voluntary arts and crafts as a means of improving individual levels of health and wellbeing.
Based at BBC Radio Merseyside the project includes:
- on-air radio programming
- helpline information with support from the radio station “A-Team”
- outreach activities in partnership with health organisations and arts and craft practitioners and
- some exciting and engaging events in the BBC Performance Space in Hanover Street.
The project is part of Liverpool’s Decade of Health and Wellbeing and is funded through Liverpool PCT, Mersey Arts and Health Initiative & the Healthy Homes Programme.
What are Up for Arts’ aims for 2011?
Up for Arts aims to raise the profile of the Health and Wellbeing programme throughout 2011 and beyond, as part of the wider Decade of Health and Wellbeing.
It will promote flagship events across Merseyside with on-air publicity, with ‘A’ Team volunteers directing listeners to these activities.
How can your group take part in Up for Arts ?
If you offer a voluntary art or craft session within your community which can enhance “wellbeing” then Up for Arts can help you to increase your group’s profile and to increase participation levels.
For April 2011
Up for Arts is searching for venues that might be available for groups and individuals to use for various classes like dance or drama or for craft sessions.
We are looking to promote health venues / community centres / church halls that showcase arts and crafts activity.
If you know of a venue that is hosting similar activity then please let us know.
Also if you know of an art or craft group looking to use a venue then please also let us know.
What we can do for you ?
- add your contact details to our Up for Arts database, so that BBC Radio Merseyside listeners in your area can attend sessions,
- include your event to our broadcast Up For Arts bulletins, and
- publicise your group on-air on BBC Radio Merseyside.
If Up for Arts is for you, just contact Helen Jones, Up For Arts Helpline and Broadcast Manager , at BBC Radio Merseyside at email@example.com