From the Liverpool Daily Post…
100 reasons why we’ll be the best culture capital
1. The city will have more than 50 international festivals in art, architecture, ballet, comedy, cinema, food, literature, music and theatre.
2. By 2008, more than £3bn will have been invested in Liverpool businesses over the last five year.
3. More than 14,000 jobs will be created as a result of the surge in businesses and tourist attractions in and around the city.
4. At the start of the Tall Ships Race in July, more than 1m people are expected to come and watch.
5. Income from tourism in Liverpool surpassed the £1bn milestone for the first time last year and is set to grow even further.